Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hurrican Ike Damage

Hurricane Ike did quite a bit of damage in the Galveston/Houston area.
We were truly blessed to have only been without power for 2 days. We
went and stayed out at my parents house b/c they had a generator but
for some wild reason they only had power outages for about 12 hours.
So we didn't have to be without air and lights for too long which was so
nice with 3 kids. I am so glad to say that we didn't have too much damage
compared to so many others. We did have a leak in our roof that went through our master bedroom so we had to get a whole new roof.
We had some other minor damage but feel so thankful that
it was not as bad as what others have had to go through.
I don't ever want to have to go through that again though.
I hate heavy rain, thunder and lightening so I am just a big
baby when it comes to hurricanes/tornodoes and all those
natural disasters!



Our front yard just had some limbs and shingles everywhere.



This is the bucket we had to put in our bedroom to catch the
water leaking through.
Minor, I know:) But we do have a nice new roof to show
for Hurricane Ike.







No comments: