Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Terrible TWO's????

Again, the following is more for me to remember and if you don't want to
read my journal of our "terrible two's" then you won't
hurt my feelings:)
I have never gone through the "terrible two" stage with any of my kids. Seriously, never! Jared started his "terrible's" stage at mid to late three's. And I think at his age it was a little easier to go through because he understood a whole lot more when I had to tell him why/why not to do this and that. Also fits were a little "easier" because he was easier to talk to and there was that understanding level there that I sometimes wonder at this point with Madi.
Faith really didn't go through a "terrible" stage. She is completely without a doubt my drama queen. She has a nickname around here...DQ! She just is so dramatic about everything. But she is very easy to calm down and easy to correct.
Madi will be three in August so we are closer to three than two. But I am really struggling with this stage she is going through. She has really been so easy up until the last month or so. And maybe I notice it more because she is the baby but WOW!!!! Watch out when she gets mad or upset. I think I really noticed it more so after she got sick with a tummy bug the night before Good Friday. Since she slept with me for 2 nights I had the worst time EVER getting her to sleep in her room after. The following week was MISERY!!! I remember crying and being more exhausted that week than when she was a newborn. She would NOT sleep at all during the nights without me. She has never been one to get out of her bed at night but she would get up every time I walked out and bang on the doors screaming and crying for me. Even would get her door open and she was waking up everyone. With school nights and the kids having to get up I couldn't disturb them. Jared and Faith actually begged me to go in with her so they could get some sleep. I got about 10 hours of sleep the entire week after Easter. I am not kidding you~it was that BAD!
Kevin, Jared and Faith slept at Allison's house Friday night and I let Madi cry/scream it out. It only lasted about 15 minutes. I talked to her about it all day (well all week) that mommy was NOT going to come in her room at night after I initially laid with her until she fell asleep. Yes I still lay with her until she falls asleep but before the previous week had never had to go in during the night. That is my next step~taking the paci (YES she still takes her beloved paci at night...but doesn't get it at any other time unless she is sleeping in her bed) and no more laying with her until she falls asleep. That is going to be one of the first thing that takes place over the summer once the kids don't have school and won't have to get up early in the morning after a night of baby sis screaming. Oh I dread it but it is part of her growing up.
Anyways, first night she only cried at door (did not bang or try to open her door at all) for the 15 minutes and got back in bed. The next night, Saturday, she cried for 3 minutes and that was the end of the sleepless nights around here. I think she just got really messed up sleeping with me those two nights she was sick or maybe she was scared because she got sick in her bed and she kept thinking it would happen again if I wasn't there. I don't know but that was a really LONG week.
But ever since that week she has been so much harder to please. She went through a stage where all she did for two weeks straight was CRY and throw fits. She decided she didn't want to wear clothes (diaper only) because everything was "bad" and she "didn't like it" and forget wearing a bow much less a clip or rubber band to keep her wild hair out of her face. She looked like TPT (trailer park trash). NO JOKE! She didn't want to go anywhere and would just cry to go back home or she wanted to go "night-night" in her bed. She didn't want to play much or eat much or do much of anything but CRY! And wanted to watch Caliou ALL DAY LONG. I can tell you that I now more than ever don't want to see another Cailou episode in my life. I don't know what is wrong with the girl!!! AHHHHHH!
Kevin and I nicknamed her BP for bipolar. I'm not trying to make light of bipolar but it was just something to help us through this 2 weeks period that has been so rough.
I will tell you that since last Friday (the day she wanted to be on the potty all day) that she has become a little easier than those 2 weeks or so. She is still going through some sort of "terrible two" stage but I can handle being around her again...ha! It really was hard to be around her when she was acting that way. She is okay with wearing clothes again (thank GOD) and lets me pull her hair up. She tells me at the end of the day, "mommy I didn't take my hair down like a big girl!" She plays all day and wants to go places again. Yes, we are still having more fits than she ever did but I am better with that than where we were before.
All my family and friends told me to just hold out and that it was indeed the "terrible two's." My best friend, Jenni, told me to just keep loving on her and realize this was her way of controlling whatever she was going through. Controlling her clothes, attitude and her environment. Everything would get better. And slowly it is!!!
So thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me find some sanity over the last couple weeks! I needed it. And anyone who has some good advice that helped them please feel free to leave a comment or email me:)))))
I totally appreciate anyone who has ever had to go through the "terrible two's" because I can now say that this has been one of the toughest mommy moments.












No comments: